Monday, March 1, 2010

It seems to be getting a little old (I mean cold)

It's the doldrums...it's the "I don't want to get out of this warm bed" cold type of cold. It's the I don't know why I don't feel like doing anything type of cold. It's the, let's face it, we are uninspired part of winter. We are challenged when we are not inspired. Inspiration is not always there for ALL of us, artists, mothers, and professionals alike. I think we do each other and ourselves a disservice to believe that some people are inspired and some are not. Some people are artists and some are not. Every one who makes things must find inspiration. Everyone who makes things lacks inspiration at times. Just ask a teacher or a mom who has to write the next lesson plan or cook the next week's worth of meals. It's hard to be inspired all the time. It's not natural.


But when inspiration strikes...It's Murphy's law that I don't have a pen, or a sketch book, or I just can't describe it either way. Then the feeling is gone. BUT, the feeling was there. Even if I didn't get an art piece out of it, I got the confirmation once again, that I am an artist. Those feelings and artistic thoughts-the sheer fact that I had them-makes me an artist. Makes me want to continue on the creative path. Even if the well is dry today...tomorrow is a new day


It's going to be a good one.

No comments: