Monday, March 9, 2009

Making Room

I am working on making room in my closet for new things. Not that I am going to go out and buy a bunch of new clothes right now, but there just might be something around the corner, and I don't want a bunch of old clothes hanging around. I seem to be able to think better when I have room around me. Room in my schedule, room on my kitchen counter, room in my closet, and room in my thinking for shades of grey. I know that I don't know everything and if I allow myself teachable time to fail a little, crumple up that new sketch or idea, try again and again, I will eventually come out smarter. I watch my boys do that effortestly, they don't complain that they don't know how to do something. They ask, they might yell, they concentrate hard, but they don't give up. I can learn from that. I will make room in my life today for things I know nothing about.

No comments: