Sunday, March 8, 2009

the time is near

The Art Life idea has been in me since I became an artist when I was young. I don't know how I actually "became" an artist. I think others actually started calling me one before I called myself an artist. I think that is why teaching is so important to me, because we as teachers show and guide our students into their strengths before they even know what they are. Even peers, adults, and friends do the labeling before we know what or who we are as artists. That labeling can also be negative - "I can't draw" "My daughter takes after her dad, he's the athletic type" "I don't know what I like to do-I am not an artist" That is why I want to bring Art Life to everyone -to every budding or seasoned artist. Just in case you are sick of the labels or need a new one.

No comments: