Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thursday is a studio day

I am plotting and planning for my studio day in 2 days. A full day for me, no kids, no husband, no phone, no plans- but to make things. I am going to start with some painting and then travel over to the printmaking studio at Watkins. I am working on a series of moon/rocket images with robots and astronauts. I would love tp re-do my 3 year old's room into something that inspires his little male mind. I appreciate the need for that even at 3 because he is growing out of what is there now. I did a series of oil paintings for his nursery - 4 vegetables. Corn, radish, tomato, and snap peas adorned his gender neutral baby room. Now, we are all boy and I think robots and space images would fit the bill. I asked him what he wanted and he said "robot rockstars" I will try to incorporate the rockstar aspect somehow (not sure yet). I am thrilled to be able to be inspired by the people I love. I have the plans for art peices that come out of the blue, but mostly it comes from the people I love or someone that needs a little gift of art. I love to give people paintings and prints that I have made. Giving is a great source of inspiration to me. I would say that I have given away as much art as I have sold. That is one of my greatest sources of pleasure.

No comments: